Construction starts at Powerpark Finland
The first great wooden coaster from our partner Great Coasters International Inc. will be erected in Europe at Powerpark Finland. Concrete works began in June 2005 and the "Twister Coaster" will be erected during summer/winter 2005/2006. The opening is sceduled on May 2006.
Here are the facts:
- Track length: 2,712 feet [ 826.6m ]
- Lift Height: 81.97 feet [ 25m ]
- Maximum Speed: 70.385 ft/s [ 21.45 m/s ]
- Number of Trains: 2 x 24-passenger "Millennium Flyer" trains
- Capacity: 850pph
- Number of curves: 16
- Number of Drops: 15
- Spectacular twisting / diving drops
- Exciting "Lillbacka Cutback Curve" (S-curve while dropping)
- High-speed mini-hills with weightlessness
- Ultra-Compact structure with graceful but aggressive curves!